Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Finally.......I got some pictues of the town!!!

We finally made it out of the house!!! So I took quite a few pictures, just in case (most likely) I don't get out again this week.

Our town has around 6,800 people, quite large compared to my 150 people where I grew up! We are the county seat for Cass County and we have a beautiful court house


Here is a shot through downtown, in the distance you can see the trees lining the Missouri River (pictures of that to come in the next few days). The town was built on 3 very large, steep hills. Some streets I won't even attempt to drive on no matter what the weather, I feel sorry for the people who live on the top of those hills right now with all the ice!


10 comments:

Trish said...

I love both your shots. The first one is great with that beautiful blue sky against the brick. The second one is so crisp all the way into the distance. Great! It reminds me of home. I haven't seen snow or sand on the road in quite some time!
TFS

Mom2Drew said...

I love the vivid blue behind the courthouse!

Anonymous said...

I love the second photo...what a wondrful perspective!
Cari

Amy Covey said...

I really like the second photo, especially how you can see all the way into the distance. It totally draws you in.

Michelle said...

love these pics. the colors are great and i love the composition.

Dar Kaso said...

Both shots are fabulous. Wonderful perspecitive on the 2nd one.

Teresa said...

It's fun seeing these hometown shots. I especially like the courthouse pic, I'm inspired to go try ours!

Krissynae said...

Beautiful shots. Love the shot down through the town. Great job

Debbie said...

Wonderful shots!

Haleigh said...

Great shots. These look like post cards. I love the way that the second one is framed by the trees.