Thursday, January 18, 2007

Down by the river

But not in my van, cause it's still gotta flat.

So here is the Missouri River that is our neighbor to the east. I was going to try to go over to the where the Platte River and the Missouri River meet (hence our towns name...Plattsmouth) But with the kids and all I didn't want to go down that road with all the snow.
There was quite a bit of ice today, probably some that floated by Jordan the other day. It was VERY cold, but I love the sky when it's this cold.

Looking to the north.

Just love that blue sky!To the south, check out that huge chunk in the middle, just needs a lil penguin LOL
And off in the distance you can see tomorrows POD...

16 comments:

jordan.krogman said...

There's the great blue sky again. Love these shots! I'm definitely going back to my end of the Missouri River when it warms up a little bit. **PS -- I thought it was funny that you said my shot looked like the "Highway to Heaven". Of course you'd think that . . . it's the Highway to Nebraska! LOL :O)

Monica said...

These photos are beautiful! I love the color and love seeing the snow and "coldness"! In Florida where I live...we don't see this ever!

Dar Kaso said...

LOL, one of my favorite Chris Farley characters!

You photos are very cool.

Mom2Drew said...

LOVE to view nature and these have such beautiful skys in them. Like the ice/water combo. We don't have a lot of water around here, so I enjoy looking at where you live and the water you have. Keep them coming, gotta love nature!

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful! The colors really pop (and that's not easy in the winter!) I love your composition as well.

Debbie said...

Beautiful. Lovely blues.

nomo wino daph said...

These are beautiful!! The colors are great:)

Lori said...

Great shots. I love the way the trees frame the shot in the first one!

Voltagain said...

I really like the tree frameing in the first shot.

Great color!

Voltagain said...

I really like the frameing you did with the trees in the first photo.

Your subject is interesting.. ice and water. Great color!

Anonymous said...

Love the shot between the trees! -- and the colors are gorgeous!!Great shots

Heidi said...

Brrr.....I get a shiver looking at them. :) The blue is really nice in these!

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cristina said...

i tell you, it looks COLD. i'm dying here (freezing) and it's only 41 degrees. i don't know how you guys do it up north. i just couldn't. much less be out taking pictures.
i love the blue skies. definitely breathtaking. you did great!

Amanda said...

Beautiful shots! I loved how you framed the first one.

Krissynae said...

Wonderful photos. Love the colors. great captures